Is this the right course for me?
If you are responsible for the sale of alcohol you will need to hold a Level 2 Award for personal Licence Holders - this also known as an APLH or Personal Licence.
The Personal Licence course is a statutory requirement for people involved in the sale of alcohol. It ensures people do so responsibly, as well as maintain standards to minimise alcohol abuse.
The Online Personal Licence course will give you all the knowledge you need to pass the Award for Personal Licence Holders exam.
We know that you are busy so that's why the Online Personal Licence Course fits around your schedule and comes with the option of next day results.
Is the Personal Licence Online Course the same as a class room based course?
Yes - this course is exactly the same - the only difference is that you don't need to book a day to attend a course. When you choose the distance learning Personal Licence Course you can fit this around your schedule and you can even learn from the comfort of your sofa.
Why take the course online?
Online courses have a lot of benefits but the main benefit is that you can learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home. Our online course also has the option of next day results which means you can start the process of getting licensed even quicker.
What's included in your Online Personal Licence Course Booking?
Once you book your Personal Licence online course, you will get access to the following materials:
- A full online learning course that will give you all the knowledge to pass your exams. You can start the course whenever you like and you can learn at your own pace when it suits you.
- Access to our Personal Licence course handbook
- Mock exam questions throughout your course to help with your understanding
- Exam booking - you don't need to book your exam until you are ready.
If you are wondering what your online learning will be like this video is an extract from the exact course you will be taking.
How do I access the course?
The course is accessible through our e-learning system and can be viewed on an Apple or Windows computer. You can even access this through your tablet or mobile so it really couldn't be easier to pass your Personal Licence course.
Online Personal Licence Course Assessment
Once you have completed your Personal Licence Course Online you are ready to take the assessment. This is a 40-question multiple choice exam - don't worry the questions in this exam are covered in the course.
You can choose to either take your exam at one of our nationwide test centres or you can take your exam online from the comfort of your own home.
How do I get a Personal Licence?
Once you have completed the online course and attended, and passed, your exam you are ready to apply for your licence. A detailed application process guide is available in our Application process guide. Don't worry - it's all pretty easy really and it can be broken into 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Online Personal Licence course
- Step 2: Attend your exam and pass
- Step 3: Complete the licence application
The requirements for a successful Personal Licence application are as follows:
- Correctly filled personal licence application
- Two passport photos - one of these must be endorsed
- Original Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders certificate
- Proof of entitlement to work in the UK
- Disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration
- Application fee
The application fee is usually £37. You may post the completed application to the Licencing Team at the local authority. Some local councils also accept walk-in applications.
Most personal licence applications take a maximum of 20 working days to be processed.