Personal Licence Course Online
If you are responsible for the sale of alcohol you will need to hold a Level 2 Award for personal Licence Holders - this also known as an APLH or just a Personal Licence.
APLH Personal Licence course is a statutory requirement for people involved in the sale of alcohol. It ensures people do so responsibly, as well as maintain standards to minimise alcohol abuse.
But don't worry this process isn't too complicated, in-fact, getting your personal licence is easy with our online APLH course. The Online Personal Licence course will give you all the knowledge you need to pass the Award for Personal Licence Holders exam.
We know that life can hectic so taking your Personal Licence (APLH) course online allows you to learn in your own time. Distance learning makes the course fit around your schedule. You only head to the test centre once you are ready to take your test.
Is the Personal Licence Online Course the same as a Class Room course?
Yes - this course is exactly the same - the only difference is that you don't need to book a day to attend a course. When you choose the distance learning Personal Licence Course you can fit this around your schedule.
Why take the course online?
Online courses have a lot of benefits but the main benefit is that you can learn at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home. You can learn at your own pace and when you are ready you can take the exam.
What's included in your Online Personal Licence Course Booking?
Once you book your Personal Licence online course, you will get access to the following materials:
- A full online learning course that will give you all the knowledge to pass your exams. You can start the course whenever you like and you can learn at your own pace when it suits you.
- Access to our Personal Licence course handbook
- Mock exams throughout your course to help with your understanding
- Exam booking - you don't need to book your exam until you are ready. Payment gives you access to the online course and reserves your seat for your exam.
How do I access the course?
The course is accessible through our e-learning system and can be viewed on an Apple or Windows computer. You can even access this through your tablet or mobile. It really couldn't be easier to pass your Personal Licence course.
Online Personal Licence Course Assessment
Once you have completed your Personal Licence Course Online then you are ready to take the assessment. This is a 40-question multiple choice exam - don't worry the questions in this exam are covered in the course.
Whilst your training is done online your exam needs to be done in person. This means you will need to select a date for your exam. This can be done anytime once you feel comfortable with your knowledge having completed your online course.
Choose training provider from the list below
Personal Licence Training Course Online
You will be sent access to your course materials via an e-learning platform once you book the course. The material contains video lectures, quizzes and a mock exam.
Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)
How do I get a Personal Licence?
Once you have completed the online course and attended, and passed, your exam you are ready to apply for your licence. A detailed application process guide is available in our Application process guide. Don't worry - it's all pretty easy really and it can be broken into 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Online Personal Licence course
- Step 2: Attend your exam and pass
- Step 3: Complete the licence application
The requirements for a successful Personal Licence application are as follows:
- Correctly filled personal licence application
- Two passport photos - one of these must be endorsed
- Original Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders certificate
- Proof of entitlement to work in the UK
- Disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration
- Application fee
The application fee is usually £37. You may post the completed application to the Licencing Team at the local authority. Some local councils also accept walk-in applications.
Most personal licence applications take a maximum of 20 working days to be processed.