Door Supervisor Training Course
The Door Supervisor Training Course is required to obtain your SIA Door Supervisor Licence. This allows you to work in the private security industry as a Door Supervisor or Security Officer. Door Supervisors usually work at licenced premises but can work in a wide variety of roles including static guarding, manned guarding, key holding etc.
With the SIA Door Supervisor Licence you can work in bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants, warehouses, retail outlets, shops, shopping centres, office buildings and many other places.
NOTE: We highly recommend the SIA Door Supervisor Training Course over the SIA Security Guarding Training Course. While a Licensed Door Supervisor can work as a Security Guard, a licensed Security Guard is unable to work as a Door Supervisor.
Obtaining the Level 2 Door Supervisor qualification is the first step towards getting an SIA Licence to work in the security industry. If you are looking to work in the Security industry as a Security Guard or a Door Supervisor, this is the right course for you.
Wondering what you will learn on the course? Watch expert trainer and SIA course instructor Anthony Milner talk us through the Health & Safety section of the course:
How can I get the Door Supervisor licence?
Getting your SIA Door Supervisor Licence may seem like a long winded process. Getting your licence actually involves the following 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: Book and attend the SIA Door Supervisor licence course
- Step 2: Get certified by passing the course.
- Step 3: Complete the SIA application process on the SIA's website
Door Supervisor Course Content
What is the Door Supervisor training course?
The SIA Door Supervisor course runs over 4 days and is divided into 4 units:
Unit 1: Working in The Private Security Industry
- Private Security industry: The legal aspect
- Health and Safety for private Security operatives
- Fire Safety awareness
- Emergency procedures
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor
- Behavioural Standards
- Civil and Criminal law
- Drugs awareness
- Recording incidents and Crime Scene preservation
- Licensing law
- Emergency procedures
Unit 3: Conflict Management for The Private Security Industry
- Avoiding Conflict and reducing personal risk
- Defusing Conflicts
- Resolving and learning from Conflicts
- Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Door Supervisors
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Skills for The Private Security Industry
- Introduction to physical intervention Skills
- Must-know legislations
On the final day of the course, there will be three multiple choice exams and a practical assessment.
We understand that examinations can be a daunting prospect but we assure you there is no need to worry. Everything you need to know for the examination is covered in the Door Supervisor course and your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in the tests.
Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business thanks to the quality of the training providers.
Get the course
At Get Licensed, you'll find courses in multiple locations all over the UK. From London to Sheffield and every other location in-between. Get Licensed is the leading training booking platform in the UK.
All courses booked with Get Licensed include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper anywhere else.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.