Sia Application process
DO I NEED DOOR SUPERVISOR LICENCE?
- - A front line Door Supervisor licence is required if your job involves licensable activities, especially the activities that involves guarding a licensed premises (Licensed premises are open to the public, at times when alcohol is being supplied for consumption, or regulated entertainment is being provided, on the premises). A front line Door Supervisor licence is in the form of a credit card-sized plastic card that must be worn during the job performance.
- - A non-front line Door Supervisor licence, on the other hand, is obliged for those who manage, supervise and/or employ individuals who engage in licensable activity, as long as front line activity is not carried out.
COST OF DOOR SUPERVISOR LICENCE
You have to pay the £220 for a three year Door Supervisor licence. The fee is to cover the cost of processing your application and is not refundable.
Please see more at: http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-door-supervision.aspx
DOOR SUPERVISOR LICENCE & TRAINING
To be eligible to apply for a Door Supervisor licence you must show that you have got a qualification in door supervision. The qualification contains 4 mandatory units and the training must be delivered over a minimum of FOUR days:
- Unit 1 - Working in the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2 - Working as a Door Supervisor
- Unit 3 - Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Unit 4 - Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
The Get Licensed online marketplace, is the quickest and easiest way to find your local SIA training centre, and get the best prices on upcoming courses in your area. Once you complete these 4 security modules & pass 3 exams on the last day of the course, you will then be eligible to apply for your SIA Door Supervisor badge directly with the SIA.
To get a door supervisor licence you must:
- - Be at least 18 years old
- - Pass an identity check
- - Pass a criminal record check
- - Have a recognised door supervisor qualification
Read more about the SIA Licence Application Process
If you are looking to renew your Door Supervisor license, please be noted that:
You will need to take this extra training if:
- Your qualification was awarded before June 2010, or;
- Your qualification was awarded between June and September 2010 and your training course did not include the physical intervention skills module.
You do not need to take this extra training if:
- Your qualification was awarded after September 2010, or;
- Your qualification certificate says "[Awarding body name] Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF)".
If you require the extra training then you will need to pass the 'Up-Skilling for Door Supervisors' award before you can renew your licence. This course is always available at our training providers offering the licence-linked door supervision qualification.
In some cases, the SIA allows the individuals who meet licensing criteria for one licensable activity to carry out other licensable activities.
People who have a close protection licence can work as door supervisors.
People who have a door supervisor licence can work as security guards, CCTV operators, and keyholders.
Learn more about SIA licensing integration.