Basic Handcuff Training Course
This Basic Handcuff Training Course is suitable for individuals who are expected to use handcuffs as a form of restraint as part of their operational role. The aim of the course is to give positive guidance to staff regarding the use of handcuffs and serve as a reference for staff in justifying the use of handcuffs both in terms of policy (who and why do we handcuff) and technique (how do we handcuff).
This 1-day course should be considered as a Basic Introduction to Handcuffing and Physical Intervention. It covers both practical handcuffing processes and procedures, as well as the legal implications that must be considered when using handcuffs to restrain an individual.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the primary reason for handcuffing.
- Understand the law, including compliance with: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967, Common Law, Section 117 PACE and Articles 5, 3 and 2 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Understand the medical implications of handcuffing, including positional asphyxia.
- Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs to a passive subject.
- Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs to an aggressive subject.
- Demonstrate how to remove handcuffs correctly.
Basic Handcuff Training Course Content
The Basic Handcuff Training Course is 1-day long. The following topics will be covered during the course:
- Identification of handcuffs
- Loading of Handcuffs
- The Powers of arrest
- Applying Handcuffs
- Types of positions
- Handcuff - Passive
- Handcuff - Active
- Positional asphyxia
- Excited Delirium
The course is assessed by your class participation. You should be able to demonstrate what was taught.
Get the course
At Get Licensed, you'll find courses in multiple locations all over the UK. From London to Sheffield and every other location in-between. Get Licensed is the leading training booking platform in the UK.
All courses booked with Get Licensed include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper anywhere else.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.