CCTV Training Course
This course is a legal requirement to obtain the SIA CCTV Licence which enables you to work as a CCTV operator. CCTV Operators usually work in a control room which is connected to a wide array of camera footage. Employers typically include security companies, medium-large corporations, local councils.
According to the British Security Industry Authority (BSIA), the UK has an estimated 6 million CCTV cameras. Behind these cameras are CCTV Operators viewing and observing footage and images to keep property and the public safe.
Obtaining the level 2 CCTV Training qualification is the first step towards obtaining an SIA Licence. If you are looking to work as a CCTV operator, this is the right qualification for you.
How can I get the CCTV Licence?
Getting your SIA CCTV Licence may seem like a long-winded process. Getting your licence actually involves the following 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: Book and attend the CCTV training course
- Step 2: Get certified by passing the course.
- Step 3: Complete the SIA application process on the SIA's website
CCTV Course Content
The SIA CCTV course runs over 3 days and is divided into 3 units:
- Unit 1: Working in The Private Security Industry
- Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator
- Unit 3: Practical Use of CCTV Systems
At the end of the CCTV course, you will be required to pass two exams to achieve your qualification.
We understand that examinations can be a daunting prospect but we assure you there is no need to worry. Everything you need to know for the examination is covered in the CCTV Operator course and your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in the tests.
Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business thanks to the highly experienced instructors and the quality of the training courses.
Get the course
At Get Licensed, you'll find courses in multiple locations all over the UK. From London to Sheffield and every other location in-between. Get Licensed is the leading training booking platform in the UK.
All courses booked with Get Licensed include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper anywhere else.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.
Upcoming course dates
CCTV Licence Application process
You can read the entire licensing process in detail on the SIA CCTV Licence page.
In summary, after successfully passing the SIA CCTV licence course you can apply for the SIA CCTV badge. The current cost of the licence is £220 and is paid directly to the SIA. The licence is valid for 3 years. The licencing process is as follows:
Get certified by passing your course
Complete SIA Application online
Visit Post Office
SIA checks performed