Upskilling for Door Supervisors Course Details
The Level 2 Award for 'Upskilling a Door Supervisor Working within the Private Security Industry' is a mandatory qualification for those seeking to renew their SIA Door Supervisors Licence. This also applies to those who gained a Door Supervision qualification prior to June 2010 or whose qualification did not include the Physical Intervention module (this also applies to some qualifications awarded between June and September 2010).
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has made mandatory recommendations that Physical Intervention training is now a compulsory skill for all Door Supervisor staff in the UK. Anyone working in the industry as Door Staff, will be required to renew their licence. You will need to take this additional module in order to obtain a valid SIA Licence.
The Physical Intervention module is an SIA approved course that instructs candidates on how to use non-harm escorting techniques to manage difficult situations, without causing injury to themselves or members of the general public.
Upskilling for Door Supervisors Course Content
The Upskilling for Door Supervisors Course is 2-days long and has the following units:
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry.
- Physical interventions and the implications of their use.
- How to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used.
- Using non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
- Using non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
- Good practices to follow after physical interventions.
Unit 2: Safety Awareness Unit for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry.
- Counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- The role of a Door Supervisor when a first aid situation occurs in a Licenced premise.
- Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a Door Supervisor.
- How a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
Upskilling for Door Supervisors Course Assessment
On the final day of the course there will be a multiple choice exam and a practical assessment. We understand that examinations can be daunting prospect but we assure you there is no need to worry. Everything you need to know for the examination is covered in the Upskilling for Door Supervisors course and your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in the tests. Our pass rates are some of the highest in the business thanks to the highly experienced instructors and the quality of the training courses.
Get the course
At Get Licensed, you'll find courses in multiple locations all over the UK. From London to Sheffield and every other location in-between. Get Licensed is the leading training booking platform in the UK.
All courses booked with Get Licensed include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper anywhere else.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.