NASDU (Level 2) Dog Handler Course Details
This course covers the basic skills and knowledge required to work as a General Purpose Security Dog Handler.
This qualification has been developed by NASDU (National Association of Security Dog Users) to meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Security Dog Handling and the training requirements contained within BS 8517-1:2016.
NASDU Coure Content
The NASDU (Level 2) General Purpose Security Dog Handler course runs over 6 days and covers 60 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
The course covers the following modules:
Module 1: Roles and Responsibilities of a Security Dog Handler
- Underpinning Knowledge
Module 2: Control of a Security Dog
- Basic Control
- Emergency Stop
- Speak on Command
- Steadiness to Noise
Module 3: Controlling a General Purpose Security Dog
- Patrol – Internal/External
- Handler Protection – Weapon Attack/Arrest
- Search – Property/Persons
- Entry Control
Module 4: Health, Well-being and Safety of a Security Dog
- Inspection and Grooming
- H & S Assessment
NASDU (Level 2) Dog Handler Course Assessment
This course is assessed by an accredited NASDU Instructor and consists of on-going practical assessment and written examination(s).
Why Book with Get Licensed?
Over the last 10 years, more than 200,000 people have chosen Get Licensed to find and book their training courses.
All courses booked with us include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased, or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper elsewhere.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.
- Nationwide Coverage: With over 70 training locations across the country, we are certain to be somewhere close.
We welcome you to see reviews from customers who have chosen us on TrustPilot.