NASDU (Level 2) Dog Handler Course Details
This course covers the basic skills and knowledge required to work as a General Purpose Security Dog Handler.
This qualification has been developed by NASDU (National Association of Security Dog Users) to meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Security Dog Handling and the training requirements contained within BS 8517-1:2016.
NASDU Coure Content
The NASDU (Level 2) General Purpose Security Dog Handler course runs over 6 days and covers 60 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
The course covers the following modules:
Module 1: Roles and Responsibilities of a Security Dog Handler
- Underpinning Knowledge
Module 2: Control of a Security Dog
- Basic Control
- Emergency Stop
- Speak on Command
- Steadiness to Noise
Module 3: Controlling a General Purpose Security Dog
- Patrol – Internal/External
- Handler Protection – Weapon Attack/Arrest
- Search – Property/Persons
- Entry Control
Module 4: Health, Well-being and Safety of a Security Dog
- Inspection and Grooming
- H & S Assessment
NASDU (Level 2) Dog Handler Course Assessment
This course is assessed by an accredited NASDU Instructor and consists of on-going practical assessment and written examination(s).
Get the course
At Get Licensed, you'll find courses in multiple locations all over the UK. From London to Sheffield and every other location in-between. Get Licensed is the leading training booking platform in the UK.
All courses booked with Get Licensed include:
- Training Guarantee: You get the course you purchased or an instant refund.
- Price Match: You won't find the same course cheaper anywhere else.
- After Hours Customer Support: We are available after hours via chat and telephone.
- Secure Booking: Your details are safe with industry-standard SSL protection.
Upcoming course dates