Personal Licence Application process
Fill form online or print
Arrange all documents
How to apply for a Personal Licence?
The first step to get your Personal Licence is to book and attend an approved Personal Licence training course or exam session. To learn more about the course and booking, click here.
You will need the original certificate once you pass your Personal Licence exam for your application.
You must apply to the licensing authority of the district or borough in which you live, not where you work. You can find your local authority by entering your postcode here.
The requirements for a successful Personal Licence application are as follows:
- Correctly filled personal licence application
- Two passport photos - one of these must be endorsed
- Original Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders certificate
- Proof of entitlement to work in the UK
- Disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration
- Application fee
The application fee is usually £37. You may post the completed application to the Licencing Team at the local authority. Some local councils also accept walk-in applications.
Most personal licence applications take a maximum of 20 working days to be processed.